By Doaa Abdel-Motaal
The thawing Antarctic continent bargains dwelling house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This publication discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty approach and dividing up the continent preemptively may perhaps spare the area severe conflict.
• Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered when you consider that strain maintains to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its dwelling and non-living assets
• means that overseas clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming many years, fairly as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048
• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the commercial pageant the realm is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Read Online or Download Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent PDF
Best freedom & security books
Can the military maintain its present pace of abroad deployment with no achieving the breaking point?
The association of eu protection Governance investigates what impression the altering nature of protection demanding situations has had at the association of protection governance in Europe. because the such a lot pervasive safety demanding situations this day are tricky to categorise as both inner or exterior, the conventional divide among family and overseas safety has develop into blurred.
This research of Britains warfare coverage over the past years of the nice battle argues that it was once strongly stricken by a temper of pessimism. The coverage was once revised after the defeats suffered by means of the allies in 1917, lots in order that Britain nearly "tumbled into peace" the next year.
Medical Essay from the 12 months 2015 within the topic Politics - foreign Politics - subject: Peace and clash stories, safety, , language: English, summary: This paper discusses in various aspect the realities of the twenty-first-century battlefield surroundings. until practiced via huge geographical regions opposed to one another, traditional battle is a death platform wherein uneven struggle and terrorism have changed the traditional conflict dynamic.
- Red Eagles: America’s Secret MiGs
- Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World - Globalizing Economy, Demographics of Discord, New Players, Scarcity in the Midst of Plenty, Potential for Conflict, Power-Sharing in a Multipolar World
- Tug of War: Surveillance Capitalism, Military Contracting, and the Rise of the Security State (Carleton Library Series)
- The Soviet Invasion of Finland, 1939-40 (Soviet (Russian) Military Experience)
Additional info for Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent
Antarctica: The Battle for the Seventh Continent by Doaa Abdel-Motaal