By Michael Anthony
America is an engaging position, yet all too frequently for the inaccurate purposes. for instance, the USA has the biggest inhabitants of fats humans on the earth, jails extra of its humans than the other nation, and is dealing with large and existential difficulties which are shaking it to the middle. during this ebook, you’ll discover:
- All the attention-grabbing issues that make the United States so specific, equivalent to the best way american citizens imagine, celebrate, and communicate.
- The many social, financial and political difficulties that experience crippled the United States, and made it lose its “exceptionalism.”
- The simply option to retailer the USA, and it’s now not prayer!
Read or Download America Shocker PDF
Best government books
A necessary accountability of the U. S. Congress is retaining the president responsible for the behavior of international coverage. during this in-depth examine formal oversight hearings by means of the Senate Armed prone and overseas relatives committees, Linda Fowler evaluates how the legislature's such a lot obvious and critical watchdogs played from the mid-twentieth century to the current.
Charles Goodsell has lengthy taken the location that U. S. forms is neither a generalized failure nor sinkhole of waste as mythologized through anti-government ideologues. relatively, it really is the most powerful and innovate units of administrative associations of any govt on the planet this present day. crucial to our democracy, it retains executive trustworthy and constant to the electorate it serves.
Bringing jointly a number of special students, Michael Nelson's The Elections of 2016 reliably gives you a nuanced research of one more momentous cycle of political contests. No different unmarried quantity can reveal your scholars to the intensity of research and services during this name. even if discussing specific races or taking a broader examine the nationwide tendencies, those members captivate scholars with attractive tales and political drama, whereas weaving in very important scholarship and specialist research.
Within the spring of 2006, thousands of Latinos around the nation participated within the greatest civil rights demonstrations in American heritage. during this well timed and hugely expected ebook, Chris Zepeda-Millán analyzes the history, path, and affects of this unheard of wave of protests, highlighting their specified neighborhood, nationwide, and demographic dynamics.
- American Amnesia: How the War on Government Led Us to Forget What Made America Prosper
- America: From White Settlement to World Hegemony
- Das Ende der Einsamkeit: Was die Welt von Lateinamerika lernen kann. (German Edition)
- Grassroots and Coalitions: Exploring the Possibilities of Black Politics: 15 (National Political Science Review)
- The New Political Economy of Pharmaceuticals: Production, Innovation and TRIPS in the Global South (International Political Economy Series)
Extra info for America Shocker
America Shocker by Michael Anthony